The Journey Begins for Winner of
Arrow’s Back On The Road™ 2009
Presented by Volvo Trucks North America
LOUISVILLE, KY – Arrow Truck Sales and its industry sponsors announced Dennis Lott as the winner of Arrow’s Back On The Road™ 2009 campaign, presented by Volvo Trucks North America, during a winner announcement ceremony held Friday, March 20, 2009 at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, KY. The ceremony was hosted by Dave Nemo, Sirius XM satellite radio personality, and Country Music Star, Aaron Tippin.
Lott has encountered many challenges in his 33 years in the Air Force and on the road as a professional truck driver. But he has yet to find a challenge he cannot overcome. He started driving trucks for the United States Air Force in 1974, later becoming a pilot and master sergeant. Throughout his years in the military, he never gave up his dream of driving and worked as an over-the-road driver when he was not on duty.
Then in 2000, a back injury from a survival school parachute training exercise took Lott off the road. To give his back time to heal, he began flying full-time for the Air Force Reserve and was one of the many called up after 9/11.
Now that his back is healed and he is retired from the Air Force, Lott is ready to get back on the road full-time. “Driving is my career, not just a job, and I take great pride in my work,” says Lott. “Each load delivered is important. I enjoy being a part of the many team players that get the people of America what they need and want.”
“Dennis is a genuine person, whose commitment to his country and the trucking profession is inspiring,” says country-music star Aaron Tippin, who joined the campaign this year. “This is the start of a great journey for him and I know he’ll represent the trucking industry with great pride.”
As the winner of Back On The Road 2009™, Lott receives a 2006 Volvo VNL 670, courtesy of Volvo Trucks North America, a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express and other products and services, including:
- Custom truck paint job and graphics courtesy of Dickinson Fleet Services
- X One® tires courtesy of Michelin
- TriPac auxiliary power unit courtesy of Thermo King
- Monthly $500 fuel cards courtesy of Pilot Travel Centers
- One year’s worth of filter products courtesy of Genuine Volvo Parts
- One year’s worth of oil changes courtesy of Chevron
- Business consulting tools courtesy of ATBS
- Insurance provided by the Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA)
- A 3-year / 300K mile warranty from National Truck Protection, Inc.
- Truck accessories and fenders courtesy of Minimizer Products
For more information on Back On The RoadTM 2009, please visit www.backontheroad2009.com. Pictures and video will be posted shortly.