Arrow’s Back On The Road 2008 Contest™
Winner: Donald Turkelson of Battle Creek, Mich. has been selected as the winner of Arrow’s Back On The Road 2008 Contest™. In 2002, Turkelson, a retired lieutenant colonel in the Army, was involved in an early-morning attempted hijacking. The hijacker shot Turkelson in the left leg as he tried to escape, sending Turkelson to the hospital for several days. After completing extensive physical therapy, Turkelson left full-time driving to take on several part-time positions, including serving as a Methodist pastor and truck-driving school instructor.
Who / What: Back On The Road is an initiative designed to benefit a deserving independent owner-operator in need of a truck and a job. Donald will receive, courtesy of Arrow Truck Sales and its industry associates:
- A 2005 VNL 670 tractor donated by Volvo Trucks
- A one-year work agreement with Heartland Express
- A 3-year / 300K mile warranty courtesy of National Truck Protection (NTP)
- Insurance provided by the Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA)
- Business consulting and financial tools courtesy of ATBS
- Truck detailing provided by Dickinson Fleet Services
- Tires courtesy of Michelin
- Truck accessories and fenders provided by Minimizer Products
What’s Next: Donald will head back out on the road making appearances and providing frequent updates on his journey and insight into life on the road. You will be able to follow his travels on the Web at www.backontheroad2008.com.