CFI Honors May Drivers of the Month
Joplin, MO --- CFI, an international truckload carrier based in Joplin, Missouri, is pleased to announce the monthly driver award recipients for May 2007:
- Company Driver of the Month: Brian Courtney started driving for CFI in 2006. He lives in El Paso, Texas.
Company Team of the Month
: Deverne Hunt & Carole Smith
both began driving for CFI in 1992. They live in Joplin, Missouri.
- Contractor Driver of the Month: Jim Cory began his career with CFI in 1979 and has driven over 2.5 million miles. He resides in Joplin, Missouri.
Contractor Team of the Month
: John & Sherry Hufford
both began their careers at CFI in 2000. They reside in Bell, Florida.
- As the May 2007 winners, each driver and team is automatically nominated for the 2007 year-end award in their respective category. All full-time over the road drivers who have been certified as a driver at CFI for one year are eligible for the CFI driver awards. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Received no moving violations in the previous twelve months;
- Involved in no accidents in the previous twelve months;
- Received no out of service violations through State/Federal inspections in the previous twelve months.
CFI, an international truckload carrier founded in 1951, operates more than 2,500 tractors and over 7,000 trailers and transports a variety of goods throughout the contiguous United States and Canada. CFI interlines with Mexican carriers at various border crossings to provide through-trailer service to Mexico. In addition to its Joplin headquarters, CFI operates four terminals and numerous drop lots along the border and throughout the United States. CFI and its subsidiaries* have 37 sales offices throughout North America and a work force of 3,000 people. The driver fleet is comprised of both company drivers and independent contractors. CFI’s website can be found on the Internet at www.cfi-us.com. CFI’s site is also available in Spanish, located at
*CFI de México