Join Other Celadon Employees On A Fun Fitness Challenge This Spring And
“Walk to Laredo”
(or if you are in Laredo, “Walk to Indianapolis”)
Starting Wednesday, April 25, 2007
In Conjunction With The American Heart Association’s “Walking at Work Day”
Here Are The Details:
$500 Grand Prize!
- For 13 weeks you will travel from Indianapolis to Laredo (or vice versa) by obtaining points (miles) for exercising. There will be exercise goals set for you each week and prizes will be awarded to teams who make it to designated fuel stops along the way.
- Fuel stops will be the cities of:
- Paducah, KY
- Little Rock, AR
- Waxahachie, TX
- Laredo, TX
- $500 Grand Prize! Whoever accomplishes 3 out of the 4 goals (team or single) will be put into the drawing for the GRAND PRIZE.
- Start date is April 25 and the end date is July 25, 2007.
- You can participate on an individual basis or as a team of 4. Teams can be made up of only 4 employees and must have a creative name.
- “Miles” will be earned by “time walked” or by “other forms of exercise”.
- For example, running, biking, jogging, hiking, swimming, on exercise equipment or in an exercise class also count. Leisure strolls and activity causing no increase in heart rate or do not cause you to sweat do not count. These 15 minutes must be at least moderate activity.
- 15 minutes of exercise = 1 mile. If you own a pedometer 1 mile equals 5,280 steps.
All teams must register with Sean Canfield, our Wellness Coordinator. In order to participate, you must be registered and have picked up a “Walk to Laredo” log book. Just as our fleet members must log their hours on the road, you will be on the honor system to log your hours of your “walk”- so play fair, everyone.
Call Sean Canfield for more details - (317-972-7000) – ext 2094