CFI Honors July Drivers of the Month
Joplin, MO --- CFI , an international truckload carrier based in Joplin , Missouri , is pleased to announce the monthly driver award recipients for July 2006:
- Company Driver of the Month : Howard Williams started driving for CFI in 1998 and has driven over 2.4 million miles. He lives in Bronaugh , Missouri .
- Company Team of the Month : John Dotzler and Alicia Cardenas both began driving for CFI in 2002. They live in Las Cruces , New Mexico .
- Contractor Driver of the Month : Marvin Peck began his career with CFI in 1984. He resides in Bartlesville , Oklahoma .
- Contractor Team of the Month : David and Shirley Schrader began their careers at CFI in 1997 . They reside in Everton , Missouri .
- As the July 2006 winners, each driver and team is automatically nominated for the 2006 year-end award in their respective category. All full-time over the road drivers who have been certified as a driver at CFI for one year are eligible for the CFI driver awards. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Received no moving violations in the previous twelve months;
- Involved in no accidents in the previous twelve months;
- Received no out of service violations through State/Federal inspections in the previous twelve months.
CFI , founded in 1951, operates approximately 2,300 tractors and over 7,400 trailers and transports a variety of goods throughout the contiguous United States and Canada . CFI interlines with Mexican carriers at various border crossings to provide through-trailer service to Mexico . In addition to its Joplin headquarters, CFI operates four terminals and numerous drop lots along the border and throughout the United States . CFI has 37 sales offices throughout North America and a work force of 3,000 people. The driver fleet is comprised of both company drivers and independent contractors. CFI’s website can be found on the Internet at http://www.cfi-us.com. CFI’s site is also available in Spanish, located at http://www.cfi-mx.com.