Why Women Drive Big Trucks
Men, if you ever wanted to know why women drive big trucks, here you have it.
From the 150 professional women drivers polled, here are the top 10 reasons
why they’re playing with what was traditionally a big boy toy.
10. I preferred toy trucks versus dolls as a kid, so driving a truck was a
9. My father told me women couldn’t drive trucks and forced me to do
all of his paperwork. When I was old enough, I got my
license and proved him wrong.
8. I hated my desk job and decided to hit the highway.
7. I always wanted to have my own business; this is pretty close.
6. I wanted to keep husband/boyfriend from having affairs.
5. My husband retired, and we decided to do this to see the country and get
paid for it.
4. I wanted to find a husband.
3. I met my husband at a truck stop or bar. I then quit my job and joined
him on the road.
2. I was given an ultimatum by my husband/boyfriend to either get my license
or he would get another woman.
1. I wanted to spend more time with husband/boyfriend.
Seven out of 10 reasons are based on the men in our lives, or a dream of having
a man in our life. And because of us (women dri vers), trucks and truck stops
have become more comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable. You’re welcome!
Even more interesting was learning how many women quit their traditionally
high-paying professional jobs, including yours truly, to join their hubbies
in the truck. Of course, we’re not all married to the same person, but
that’s another story.
Enjoy a safe and profitable ride in 2004!