Fun & Games
Who said it?
See if you can match these quotes with three well-known people.
- “When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
- “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.”
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
- “A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.”
- “The competitor to be feared is the one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.”
- “Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with.”
- “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
- “If a man could have half his wishes, he would double his troubles.”
- “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
- “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.”
A. Henry Ford, Sr.
B. Mark Twain
C. Benjamin Franklin
1-B, 2-A, 3-B, 4-C, 5-A, 6-B, 7-C, 8-C, 9-A, 10-B
JUST FOR FUN
A ham sandwich walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a cold one. The bartender replies, “Sorry, we don’t serve food here.”
A guy found a penguin and showed him to a policeman. The policeman said, “Take that penguin to the zoo, right now.”
The next day the policeman sees the man with the penguin again. The policeman stops the guy and says, “What on earth are you doing with that penguin?” The guy says, “What is there to do? Yesterday I took him to the zoo, and now I’m taking him to the movies.”
What do you call a mushroom that goes to a party and does stand-up comedy all night long? A fungi to be around!