Fun & Games
How well do you know your paper currency?
1. Which person has never had his portrait on U.S. currency?
a) George Washington b) Ben Franklin
c) Ulysses S. Grant d) Andrew Johnson
2. What denomination, no longer produced, featured Woodrow Wilson’s portrait?
a) $500 currency note b) $1,000 currency note
c) $10,000 currency note d) $100,000 currency note
3. The number of U.S. denominations currency currently circulating is:
a) 11 b) 10 c) 7 d) 5
4. Whose signature appears on U.S. currency?
a) The Vice-President b) The Secretary of the Treasury
c) Abraham Lincoln d) Speaker of the House
5. What does the date on U.S. currency mean?
a) A new President is elected b) Tribute to a historical event c) Symbolizes a change in design of the bill d) A new Secretary of Treasury has been appointed
6. What is the highest denomination U.S. banknote ever issued?
a) $500 b) $1,000 c) $10,000 d) $100,000
7. What is the lowest denomination U.S. paper money ever used?
a) 3 cents b) 5 cents c) 25 cents d) 50 cents
8. How many women have ever appeared on U.S. paper money?
a) None b) One c) Three d) Five
9. Who makes the final decision on personalities to appear on U.S. bills?
a) The President of the United States b) The Secretary of State c) Congress
d) The Secretary of the Treasury